Town Council Regular Meeting for March 2019
MONTVERDE TOWN COUNCIL
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
March 12, 2019
Judy Smith, Council President
Allan Hartle, Vice President
Joe Wynkoop, Mayor
Brenda Brasher, Town Clerk
Vaughan Nilson, Director of Public Works
Kevin Rausch, Fire Chief
Anita Geraci-Carver, Town Attorney
Sean Parks, Town Planner
This booklet has been prepared for the convenience of the Montverde Town Council In discussing matters before them. Every effort has been made to include all items to be discussed at this Town Council Meeting, however, the Mayor or Council Members may add items, which are not part of this Agenda, or items may be removed from consideration. While it has been the goal to present error-free information, we do not represent that documentation is without errors or omissions.
In addition to regular Council Meetings, the Mayor or Town Council may, from time to time, schedule a workshop during which they will receive information from Staff, have discussions with Staff and among themselves, and then proceed to give Staff direction on the subject matter being discussed unless otherwise shows on the Agenda item. These discussions and workshops do not take the place of the formal public hearing process during which any member of the public may comment and formal action is taken.
The Council and Staff welcome written comments prior to workshops and other meetings. If you have comments or questions regarding the subject matter of any Council action or workshop, please deliver your written comments to the appropriate Town Staff or mail to the Town of Montverde, P.O. Box 560008, Montverde, FL 34756
March 12, 2019
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Invocation led by Pastor Ron Cook, First Baptist Church of Montverde
I. AGENDA UPDATE
Discussion regarding proposed revisions to tonight’s Agenda
II. MINUTE APPROVAL – None
III. CITIZENS QUESTION AND COMMENT PERIOD
At this point in the meeting, the Town Council will hear questions, comments and concerns from the citizens of Montverde. Action will not be taken by the Council at this meeting, but questions may be answered by Staff or issues may be referred for appropriate Staff action. If further action is necessary, the item may be placed on a future agenda for further review and consideration.
IF YOU WISH TO SPEAK DURING THIS PERIOD, YOU MUST DO SO FROM THE PODIUM AND COMPLETE A SPEAKER REQUEST CARD. NOTE: Matters on this agendas or which may be coming before the Council at a later date will not be discussed until such time as they come before the Council in a public hearing.
V. DEPARTMENT & COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Committee Reports – Visioning, Parks & Recreation, Cemetery, Public Safety, Historical and Library are welcome to report.
- Council Members Report
- Mayor Wynkoop’s Report
- Sheriff Deputy’s Report – no back up
- Fire Chief’s Report – no back up
- Library Director’s Report
- February Finance Report
United Southern Bank – Operating Account
United Southern Bank – Money Market Account
VI. NEW BUSINESS
- Deputy Walter Wolf, Lake County Sheriff Office Crime Watch – no backup
- Discussion: Purchase of Town property by the First Baptist Church of Montverde – no backup
- Discussion: Rapid Response Courier & Delivery Service
- Consideration and Approval of generator purchase – no backup
- Consideration and Approval of Lake Florence Stormwater Improvement Project bid recommendation to to Barracuda Building Corporation
- Consideration and Approval of Lowry & Highland Water Main Replacement bid recommendation to Cathcart Construction Company
- Discussion: Town sponsoring the Golden Eagle Dinner for the Boy Scouts
- Update: State Revolving Fund (SRF) Water Tower Loan – no backup
- Review of Amended and Restated Interlocal Agreement with Lake County for Animal Control Services
- Discussion: Fish Camp Cabin moving quote
- Four Lakes water and algae update – no backup
VII. PUBLIC HEARING
- Request for Conditional Use Permit Application at 16947 Lakeside Drive, Parcel # 1462479 to conduct a painting/coating process for firearms. Resolution 2019-003, Granting a Conditional Use Permit in a C-1 Commercial Zoning District to allow for the customizing of firearms for the property located at 16947 Lakeside Drive, Town of Montverde, Florida owned by the Robert D. & Elaine F. Mastin Revocable Trust dated August 31, 2007.
- Request to vacate Right-Of-Way of the Division St. ROW.
VIII. OLD BUSINESS – None
The Town Council reserves the right to move any Agenda item to an earlier time during the meeting as its schedule permits, except in the case of the items and appointments that have been advertised in a newspaper for a specific time.
Pursuant to the provisions of Chapter 286 Florida Statutes, Section 286.0105, if a person decides to appeal any decision made by the Town Council with respect to any matter considered at this Council meeting, he or she will need a record of the proceedings, and that, for such purpose, he or she may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record may include the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
Persons with disabilities needed assistance to participate in any of these proceedings should contact Town Hall at (407) 469-2681, 48 hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.